Re: [opensuse] Basic learning tutorials query
Ken Schneider - openSUSE said the following on 11/02/2011 09:33 AM:

It is NOT "If its RPM it must be redhat".
Its that Redhat decided to go with RPM.
Once Redhat made that decision they developed their tools.

Actually it was Redhat that created RPM, Redhat Package Manager.

Yes, Redhat came first, then they decided to use RPM, which they
created. Sorry I wasn't more explicit.

And I
may be wrong here but I think it was one of the first package managers
created that helped make linux easier to use.

I think there were package managers for SunOS and AIX.
But that's not Linux :-)

To the OP, just install openSuSE and then start asking your many help
question that you _will_ have.

+1
--
"Read an hour every day in your chosen field. This works out to about
one book per week, 50 books per year, and will guarantee your success."