Re: [opensuse] Basic learning tutorials query
Linux Tyro said the following on 11/02/2011 09:07 AM:
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Focus on getting your system installed and running under openSuse with
the openSuse distributions.

I did a mistake, that I could have waited some 14 days to start the
torrent download of openSUSE as it is launching the newer version.

If you made a mistake it is not that; you are better off with a stable
version like 11.4 than a bleeding edge version like 12.0

In fact you would probably have been better forgetting about Torrent and
done a plain (and probably faster in my experience) FTP download of a
LiveCD from a local site and put it on a USB (go google for details of
the Windows tools for doing this) and running from that.

Linux can run well from a 4G USB. I have a number of them, all
give-aways at trade shows. I have them as rescue disks and as forensic
tools (backtrack).

My experience is that LiveCDs take a few minutes to download on my cable
system, a few more to burn. I can try out two or three different LiveCD
systems in an hour. Great amusement when new releases come out :-)
Low risk way of filling a rainy holiday weekend :-)

Once again, I wonder at what you are doing and why its taking so much
effort.

--
Psst! Viral marketing works! Tell everyone you know!