Re: [opensuse] Basic learning tutorials query
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Julian Osorio Amaya
<juliane.osorioa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Oh well, it means basically there are two types of linux - 1) rpm 2)
deb and I am going for 1) rpm. NOW in this rpm man distros come like
openSUSE, fedora, etc.. and in deb other distros come like ubuntu,
debian, etc.. , is it like this?

rpm and deb are for package management

Oh I see. Does it mean that packages are same? I mean there are
packages on the servers of Linux. Redhat branch (openSUSE, fedora,
etc...) uses .rpm to fetch them while Debian branch (debian, ubuntu,
mint, etc...) use deb to fetch them, both uses the same packages but
to fetch them they use different tools - 1) rpm and second 2) deb, is
it like this?

--
THX