Re: [opensuse] Re: openSUSE for tablets
On Tue, 2011-11-01 at 22:07 +0100, Bogdan Cristea wrote:
On Tuesday 01 November 2011 21:49:29 Malcolm wrote:
On Tue, 1 Nov 2011 21:43:58 +0100

Bogdan Cristea <cristeab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

Just wondering, are there any plans to have an openSUSE version for
tablets ? Now that Intel has switched from MeeGo to Tizen and Android
seems increasingly popular for embedded systems how obout openSUSE ?
Are there any plans to cover this market ?

Hi
The arm list may provide some additional information;
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-arm/

Hi

There seems to be little done in this direction on arm list. What I mean is
that Intel has already a tablet (ExoPC) and a notebook with touchscreen
(Lenovo), both using Intel Atom processors, so support for touch screens
(already provided by Qt framework) and a better GUI would be needed.

Perhaps on the list, but did you checked recently the number of ARM
packages on the OBS? Over 35K Compared to hardly any a couple of months.
ago.
20215 under repo/Ports:/ARM:
17350 under repo/openSUSE:/Factory:/ARM
And a couple of users also (Meizirkki:, Milliams, bmanojlovic:, joeyli:,
mjh_haha, /rmax:, worldcitizen:, xkitty68:)

I think that the steam is coming out of a couple of ears. Kudos!
Not a complete distro yet, but much work has been done!