Re: [opensuse] webcam video dark, maybe wrong driver?
On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:10:38 +0800
George OLson <grglsn765@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/01/2011 06:03 PM, C wrote:
Since you see an image, and the problem is it's very dark, you might
be able to just fix it by adjusting the gamma. You can install/use
v4l2ucp to do this... I "think" it will do the job. I don't know
the CLI stuff to tweak the gamma for that cam... and v4l2ucp
usually does the job. It's in the openSUSE repos somewhere. You
can read about it here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/v4l2ucp/

C.

Ok, I installed the v4l2ucp application, and it works! Thanks! That
made things easy.

I now have a follow up question, though. Cheese and wxCam do not
allow any change in audio settings, so on capture video it only does
video, and will not capture the audio with it.

Is there a better program that will allow simultaneous video and
audio capture? I have tried kdenlive, and could not find a video
capture setting on it.

You might want to try 'padsp', part of pulseaudio-utils

For example, on my system, xvidcap on it's own does not record system
sound. When invoked via commandline as 'padsp xvidcap &' recording
system sound is possible and the pulse audio volume contols work to
adjust levels, etc.

hth & regards,

Carl