Re: [opensuse] webcam video dark, maybe wrong driver?
On 11/01/2011 06:03 PM, C wrote:
Since you see an image, and the problem is it's very dark, you might
be able to just fix it by adjusting the gamma. You can install/use
v4l2ucp to do this... I "think" it will do the job. I don't know the
CLI stuff to tweak the gamma for that cam... and v4l2ucp usually does
the job. It's in the openSUSE repos somewhere. You can read about it
here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/v4l2ucp/

C.

Ok, I installed the v4l2ucp application, and it works! Thanks! That made things easy.

I now have a follow up question, though. Cheese and wxCam do not allow any change in audio settings, so on capture video it only does video, and will not capture the audio with it.

Is there a better program that will allow simultaneous video and audio capture? I have tried kdenlive, and could not find a video capture setting on it.