Re: [opensuse] signature assistance needed for Thunderbird
C. van Nidek said the following on 10/31/2011 10:02 AM:
After a total breakdown of kmail I want for the time being using
Thunderbird.
In KMail I was using a signature file which translated the information
from my system into something like this:

Thunderbird has a plugin named 'signature switch'.
It is very flexible.

It can match up signatures with specific destinations

The signatures can be read from a file or from a 'fortune'-like
database. You can have many and custom databases.

The file can be a static file or a pipe.
There is in the old Perl Camel book a script that generates signatures
and feeds them into a pipe in a manner suitable for this :-)

That model can be used with any generator script.
The example you gave would need a wrapper.

I know this works with signature switch, I've done it myself in the past.

http://mozext.achimonline.de/

--
A military operation involves deception. Even though you are competent,
appear to be incompetent. Though effective, appear to be ineffective.