Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds like you may actually be a candidate for not downloading any DVD.
Instead, download only the software that will actually be installed by doing
a HTTP installation, which you begin by downloading a small "net" CD iso to
boot from: http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Network_installation

An extra advantage of this process is that current versions will be
installed instead of needing to update after completing installation of only
original package versions. Overall download time is smaller as long as you
don't expect to be installing on additional machines or more than one time.

Sounds to you correct, but I don't know how to use this process. As
you say, I should not go for dvd download? Rather net install is a
better option? I would have to fill all those details like nameserver,
ip address (router's), etc..etc..so that it automatically downloads
from the INTERNET the required packages ?

Yes, you are correct, I am new and never did like this partitioning
and all...alone... that too in Linux! For me its very good if I do it
all....

--
Thx.