Re: [opensuse] small installation help
Carlos E. R. said the following on 10/30/2011 10:59 AM:

On Sunday, 2011-10-30 at 10:51 -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:

In fact you probably want "/usr" (and "/usr/share") on separate
partitions and "/tmp" on a separate partition for security reasons.
(q.v. - go google)

I heard that the new systemd is not compatible with a separate /usr.

You can hear all you want!
I'm running Fedora with separate /usr and having no problems.

The tale was that it needed /usr/lib before /us was mounted.

Big Deal! I can write scripts for /etc/init.d that have that problem.
I can - OUCH I have one! - that need /usr/bin/perl at shutdown AFTER
/usr has been UNmounted.

You can always write code that scr3ws things up.

--
Every civilization that has ever existed has ultimately collapsed.
-- Henry Kissinger