Re: [opensuse] small installation help
Carlos E. R. said the following on 10/30/2011 10:13 AM:

On Sunday, 2011-10-30 at 09:32 -0400, Anton Aylward wrote:

So

1. No, LVM is not for 'large disks' 2. Yes, LVM lets you defer
decisions about space allocation 3. Yes, LVM lets you allocate
and reallocate disk space to match your ACTUAL use as your needs
change 4. LVM lets you do striping, mirroring and snapshot
backups. 5. LVM lets you use drives of different sizes and
technologies to do the above.

Recovery is more difficult.

Recovery of what?

Since from my POV LVM makes backups _MUCH_ easier, and I do backups a
LOT more than I do recoveries, the sum total is easier.

If you mean restoring the LVM configuration, then perhaps, but that
too can be backed up.

In everything in life there are +'s and -'s
For me, using LVM the +'s so massively out weigh the -'s there is no
contest.
--
Flying is not dangerous; crashing is dangerous.