Re: [opensuse] installing GRUB on adjusted clone
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 14:23:58 +0100 (CET)

On Tuesday, 2011-10-25 at 23:41 +0800, George Olson wrote:

I went back to rsync the drive with the right structure so that it would come out /home/george, and it took a long time. I was thinking, "I bet there is a way to somehow just move everything in that tree up one directory and eliminate the extra home." But I don't know how to do that, so I just did rsync again. It is brute force and it works, but it took a long time.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to do that better in case I run into it again, I would be interested to know.

mc

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)