Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
  • From: Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:31:59 +0530
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Haro de Grauw <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, you can use an ISO file as a repository. Simply go to YaST / Software
Repositories / Add / Local ISO Image and specify the path to the ISO image.
That way, you can install all packages contained in the ISO image without
having a connection to the Internet. Keep in mind that packages on an ISO
image quickly become outdated as new bugs are fixed and new security patches
are released; you will obviously need to retrieve updates from the Internet
somehow.

The Intel E5200 (Pentium Dual Core) is indeed a 64bit CPU. In general, if
you're not sure, go ahead and try the 64bit installation dvd - if your
system is 32bit, you will get an error message early on, telling you that
you need the other dvd.

(In fact, I think all multi-core Intel/AMD processors out there are
64bit....?)

Thanks but I have to download back thru torrent for this DVD of 64 bit
version. But I would do that.

--
Thx.