Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
Rajko M. said the following on 10/29/2011 07:03 PM:
On Saturday, October 29, 2011 04:40:30 PM Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
I think what is trying to be said here is do as much research as
possible before coming and asking a question.

Hi Mike,

I'm afraid that own research without some experience is not an easy task.
How to know that information is obsolete?

What do you use to filter obsolete and irrelevant articles and messages?
Your and other people answers can help to create some wiki article that will
help people without any experience to actually use Google.

Google has many ways of filtering.

You can, for example, set date ranges. There are buttons for within
last year' ... month .... week ... 24 hours

You can also add search terms and terms to avoid, building boolean
search constructs.

No-one is saying that the first attempt at a search as to be the right
one. As you see search terms and read articles you will find what you
want to include and exclude.

This doesn't take genius. Just a bit of logic and patience.

--
To solve an interesting problem, first find a problem that is
interesting to you.