Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
On 10/29/2011 09:33 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 29/10/2011 09:09, Togan Muftuoglu a écrit :

True and they eventually get upgraded but not immediately. My experince
with SuSE and openSUSE has been wait like 6 months after a release so it
polishes itself and start the upgrade based on mission of the server

since 11.4 (as far as I remember), the upgrade process is supported, and
really upgrading from 11.4 to 12.1 should be pretty easy

In that case that would be interesting as first I have to upgrade my
machines from an unsupported version to 11.4 so I can enjoy the
supporting upgrade from there on.

Supported or not supported is not the issue for me. Stability is the key
and in main central parts. IIRC almost every version one of the first
updates is aaa_base which installs several important configuration files
and SuSEconfig.

So my position is to use evergreen for my old servers and slowly move
them up the new steps till one they are supported.

Togan