Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
On 10/28/2011 3:01 PM, Brian K. White wrote:
My only way to save this server, and still have ssh, was to upgrade ssh to the
latest version, or at least whatever version fixed whatever
weakness this script was exploiting. I only know that upgrading to latest
stopped him cold.

You can only do that for just so long after the distro goes off the back end of
the support time frame.

Exactly the situation I had, except they were exploiting a known SSL weakness.
You really are forced to upgrade shortly after support ends.

And if you could simply do that it would be great, but in most cases less than
half of the services I run upgrade smoothly, and I need to fiddle for weeks
getting
things going again the way I like them. In fact I've been burned on upgrades
so often I never even attempt it any more on things that matter.

I understand that the owners of OpenSuse what us to buy SLES.
But the purchase price and subscription fees pretty steep for some of
us.