Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
Le 28/10/2011 20:26, John Andersen a écrit :

Exactly my thinking with regard to a rolling release as my next server
installation.

this is not a rolling release, at least like openSUSE understand it (the rr is tumbleweed)

I would rather it had a name like "Bullet Proof" than "evergreen", the
latter suggest
immature to the english speaker, or at least the paranoid english
speaker. ;-)

not being (native) english speaker, I don't know.

for openSUSE, Evergreen is a personal server release. Professinal need SLES (Enterprise Server), with 7 years professional support

Evergreen is a continued support that was at first proposed for personal server users. It's goal is (was) to support 11.1 basics.

Due to practical problems (I couldn't keep my 11.1 server) I didn't follow it closely.

The goal is to have support for what makes a server live: basics (kernel...) and server daemons (ssh, apache;..)

But I'm pretty sure Evergreen needs badly more team members :-(

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/jdddodinorg