Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:55:26 -0400

On 10/28/2011 12:42 PM, Linux Tyro wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Robert Schweikert<rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Welcome to openSUSE.

Thanks.

do not ask to ask. Rather, just
send your question (with reasonably appropriate subject line) to the list.

ok. Well, I just wanted to ask if the new release period could be
increased (just a suggestion) from 8 months to something like a year,
so that we (not from technical side) can all have a good grasp at the
OS/distro, can know something about it before any new thing come into
picture...

Well, I am not sure where you are going with this. However, whatever the release schedule is, there is always the same "problem" someone will always need more time for something. This would mean that there is never a release. That's of course not very helpful.

In addition you can take as long as you want, just because a new release is available that doesn't mean you have to upgrade to it right away. The current release will still be active for quite a while.

However, it's just a question of 'if' this is a possibility
or not...!

The release schedule will not change at this point in time, we just switched to the 8 month schedule not too long ago and so far this appears to be working for us.

Also this is a question that would be better suited for the opensuse-project list.

HTH,
Robert

Tech Lead
rjschwei@xxxxxxxx