Re: [opensuse] phpMyAdmin update
On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:58:16 -0700
John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/27/2011 9:31 AM, Carl Hartung wrote:
Hi All,

I'm drawing a blank here (creeping old age, I guess)...
I noticed a new file while backing up and upon investigating here's
what I've found under /etc/phpMyAdmin

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9912 Oct 27 10:51 config.inc.php
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9868 Oct 26 10:10 config.inc.php.rpmnew
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10031 Jul 4 23:12 config.inc.php.rpmsave

system: openSUSE 11.4 x86_64 GNOME 2.32, all updates current

phpMyAdmin is running fine

I'm deducing the '.rmpsave' flavor is the one that YaST2 replaced
during an earlier update (it was saved, not overwritten.)

rpm shows phpMyAdmin was updated to 3.4.7-22.1 this morning at
"10:51" which matches the active config file.

What is the '.rpmnew' flavor and why would I want to keep it?

Thx!

Carl

As I understand it, when you see things like that, you had a config
file that you had modified, then you applied an upgrade rpm.

That backs up your existing one as rpmsave, then it sees you had
touched yours and it was not safe to arbitrarily replace,
so it adds the new one as rpmnew.

Your original one remains un-touched. (allegedly).
The rpmsave one is quite a bit older in your case.

You don't need any other than your working one, but I always take a
peek at the rpmnew versions to see if new features appear.

Okay, thanks for the feedback, John. I'll compare the 'new' flavor to
the active file and go from there.

regards,

Carl