Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird-problem
Hi,

Am 25.10.2011 09:26, schrieb Dennis Leyendecker:
Am 24.10.2011 23:19, schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
You can also have several identities per account in Thunderbird. And as
John wrote I'm not sure what you actually did but in general I don't see
a problem with what you trying to achieve.

Well, I tried to create another identity (edit -> account options ->
more identities or something like that) for my account. Now, I´ve got
two of them:

1.) kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx
2.) leyendecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Now I can choose from some adresses in the from: field when I´m writing
a new e-mail. If I choose kimleyendecker@h... everything works fine, and
the adress is shown in the e-mail. If I choose my o.o one, the sent
e-mail still shows my hotmail-adress in the from: field:

sent with first adress:

from: Kim Leyendecker (kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx)

sent with second adress:

from Kim Leyendecker (kimleyendecker@xxxxxxxxxx)

desired result with second adress:

from: Kim Leyendecker (leyendecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx)

This sounds wrong. Could it have something to do with Hotmail?
I'm using that feature regularly and haven't seen any issue with it. You
can probably verify what Thunderbird is sending using wireshark (if you
turn off SSL/TLS for a moment) so you can see if it's modified on server
side.

Wolfgang