Re: [opensuse] multiple fixed dhcp addresses
On 06/10/11 10:25, Hans Witvliet wrote:
Hi,

Im trying to give all of my hosts multiple fixed addresses,
So if one host is (accidentily) repluged from one lan to another lan, i
will still get predictable results.

Avvording to the dhcpd.conf info that should be possible:

"If it is desirable to be able to boot a DHCP or BOOTP client on more
than one subnet with fixed addresses, more than one address may be
specified in the fixed-address declaration, or more than one host
statement may be specified matching the same client."

So i tried at my 11.4 box multiple addresses in a single host
declaration. The deaemon responds however with:

dhcpd: /var/lib/dhcp//etc/dhcpd.conf line 18: Only one fixed address
declaration per host.

Any comment at the unexpected behaviour?
(sure, i can put multiple host definitions, but it should work, not?)

hw

On my system portable computers can be connected either by ethernet or wifi therefore the mac is different but I want the same IP so I have one dhcpd.conf entry as "portable1E" with its mac and another as "portable1R" with its mac but they both give out the same IP address /etc/hosts, I use dnsmasq, then has just "portable1: ipaddress".

So however they are connected I can refer to them as "portable".

DC