Re: [opensuse] help forum no help getting printer to print
On 2011/10/06 08:01 (GMT+0200) Per Jessen composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

After seeing "unable to open listen socket for address ::1:631 -
Address family not supported by protocol" in /var/log/cups/error_log,

Suggestion: amend your /etc/hosts file and comment out the line that
has '::1' listed for localhost.

When I saw that ::1:631 error I stripped all IPV6 lines from /etc/hosts. Didn't help.

I've been trying off& on in 11.4& 12.1 since last winter to make my
IP printer work, but it refuses to print except for the YaST2 test
page, or PDFs from Okular.

I guess you're not printing direct but via cups?

I configure printers using YaST2, and let apps figure out on their own where the printer is, what it's called and how to use it. It always worked that way before.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/