Re: [opensuse] installing optimized packages like Gentoo
On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 10:37:18AM -0700, Carlos Alberto Gueto Tettay wrote:
Hi everybody,

Gentoo linux is an special distro that can be automatically optimized and it
offers an extreme performance according to machine specifications.

I was wondering if I can install optimized packages with zypper, something
like from source, just like Gentoo

The open buildservice allows you to create a forked project of a distributon
and rebuild selected packages with optimization changes.
That can then be added as repo to your system.

(project config adjustments for compiler flags e.g.)

This generic way is more complicated than what Gentoo does right now,
but could surely be simplified, or spun off for specific optimizations.

Ciao, Marcus