Re: [opensuse] Double check: /boot on RAID 1
snip >>

So... can you confirm that the grub output I posted means that I'm covered
for a bootable drive in case either one (and only one at a time) goes bad
on me? Or do I need to follow either Philip's grub commands (above) or
yours (below) to insure such a setup?

Thanks much for the extensive explanations.

Michael,

Before replying to your follow-up, I have a question: Is the entire OS on a
single partition in a single array? Or if the root (and any other directory)
is on a separation partition, is it also in an array, presumably RAID 1? And
so in your scenario where the first *disk* fails (in contrast to a grub,
partition, file system, or file problem), is it your intention to run the root
from the second disk's partition alone outside of the array (in other words, as
if there had been no array)?