Re: [opensuse] installing optimized packages like Gentoo
Le 02/10/2011 19:37, Carlos Alberto Gueto Tettay a écrit :
Hi everybody,

Gentoo linux is an special distro that can be automatically optimized

automatically? emrge don't optimize anything if not user optimized AFAIK

I was wondering if I can install optimized packages with zypper,
something like from source, just like Gentoo

you can certainly install the source (add the source repos) and compile, but you have to optimize yourself.

That said what optimization are you aware of? I see only the kernel that can be really optimized, and the benefit nowaday is not obvious (except in special environment)

jdd