Re: fetchmail tip (was Re: [opensuse] Dovecot 2.0)
James Knott said the following on 09/23/2011 02:40 PM:
Anton Aylward wrote:
James Knott said the following on 09/23/2011 05:31 AM:
David C. Rankin wrote:
What I do with fetchmail is set up the user ~/.fetchmailrc as:

I run fetchmail as a daemon and use /etc/fetchmailrc to contain all the
users.

Oh?

What's the format of /etc/fetcmailrc then?
Just the user names?
And each use has his/her own .fetchmailrc?

The one file contains everyone. You just add "poll" lines for each
user. No need for a .fetchmailrc per user.

And if each user ALREADY has their own .fetchmailrc
(which they can edit, unlike the /etc/fetchmailrc)
(and which if they buqqer-up, won't affect other users)
then there's no need for a /etc/fetchmailrc.

Right?

You could say its about 'delegation'.
You could say its about 'risk management'.

--
There's a tendency today to absolve individuals of
moral responsibility and treat them as victims of