Re: [opensuse] Dovecot 2.0
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:08:45 +0200
James Knott wrote:

Per Jessen wrote:
How do you get multiple users working? I can only get one. A
2nd can't even log in.
I didn't do anything in particular:-)

All of my users are virtual, so userid, homedir, quota and password
are all stored in mysql.

I have even tried manually logging with with telnet local host 143.
Below is an example of the one ID that works "jknott" and one that
doesn't "mailtest". I can log into the server, via ssh or su - from
my own account to mailtest and other IDs.

Sep 22 09:31:44 acserver dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<mailtest>,
method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=23787, secured
Sep 22 09:31:44 acserver dovecot: imap(mailtest): Error: user
mailtest: Initialization failed: mail_location not set and
autodetection failed:
Mail storage auto detection failed with home=/home/mailtest

My guess - you haven't set mail_location, so auto-detection fails
because mailtest has never received any mail.

I would update dovecot.conf and set mail_location.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.1°C)