Re: [opensuse] different types of shell scripts
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 13:20:07 +0200
On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 10:40 +0200, jdd wrote:
Le 22/09/2011 10:26, Roger Oberholtzer a écrit :

I would do this:

chmod +x filename.sh
./filename.sh

by the way, for a shell script, simply use "sh ./filename"

Of course that works. OTOH, if the script starts with, say,

#!python

then your method runs an additional unneeded shell to run python.

Of course, the problem with my method is it assumes that there is a

#!some-interpreter

on the first line.

So, the very first thing to do is to look at the first line of the
script. It it has a #!shell-something, then I prefer my method.
Otherwise, you need to verify what shell it is written for and then
envoke that as required.

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net