Re: [opensuse] mount question
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 00:37:32 +0200 (CEST)

That should not be necessary, I have users (myself with different
names) with kde and others with gnome. Both work right with the same
sysconfig values - even at the same time.

However, if you are running gnome, close it, and then use the same
user with kde, sometimes you get interactions, because not all tasks
from the previous session die in time.

I'm sure that's the case, now, but as I wrote "back then" it was about
SuSE 9.x-ish. While in theory it shouldn't have been necessary, in
actual fact it was ;-) KDE didn't like gdm or vice versa

Carl