Re: [opensuse] Dovecot 2.0
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:37:22 +0200
James Knott wrote:

I've given up on 2.0 and installed 1.2 instead. While better, it
still has a way to go. I find Dovecot to be extremely frustrating to
set up. It seems to be a matter of trial & error
following "suggestions" in the very poor documentation.

I also thought the dovecot docus were a little difficult and lacking,
but once I got the general dovecot concept, it's not at all that bad.
The dovecot wikis are very good for instance. I've got two dovecot 2.0
instances running, the second one as a regular mailserver (for hosted
customers). I'm using mysql for database, TLS, sieve and quotas.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.6°C)