Re: [opensuse] Virtual box running out of disk space
On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:10:26 -0400, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 9/7/2011 5:59 PM, Fr David Ousley wrote:
Friends --

I'm running Windows XP in a virtual machine on Virtual Box, set up with "dynamically expanding hard disk", which is now out of disk space.
It does not expand itself, so that it has run out of disk space. Running "VBoxManage modifyhd --resize 20 windowsxp.vdi" returns the error
"VBOX_E_NOT_SUPPORTED VBoxManage: error: Resize hard disk operation for this format is not implemented yet!"

I thought that "dynamically expanding" would, well, dynamically expand. Am I missing something here? I had run VB for several years on
another machine without ever encountering the problem.

Host is 11.3; VB 4.0.12_72916_openSUSE113-1-x86_64 from Oracle.

Thanks for any help.

So how is said virtual disk formatted?

The Settings > storage > Type (format) says "Normal (VDI)"

Is that what you wanted? If not, kindly tell me how to find what you need. Thanks.

--
Fr David Ousley
davidousley@xxxxxxxxxxx