Re: [opensuse] Locks up
On 2011/09/07 14:54 (GMT+0200) James Hatridge composed:

BTW I'm runing a HP with a Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS screen with dual boot
Win7& SuSE 11.4. I got the box about a year ago from Expert in Straubing.
Since it was not happening before I'm guessing its a software problem.

I'll try the kernel upgrade first and if I'm still getting the lock up I'll
make a bug report.

Typically lockups are video driver problems, so before filing a bug, report here which video chip you have (output of 'lspci grep VGA') and the driver reported in use by /var/log/Xorg.0.log. Someone here may know how you can avoid the lockups, or already may have, which you can find searching the mailing list archives for your video chip.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/