Re: [opensuse] GoogleEarth
Am 07.09.2011 14:40, schrieb Stan Goodman:
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 14:53:09 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 7.9.2011 13:41, Stan Goodman wrote:
> > I have installed GoogleEarth. That went without incident. Now when
> > I try to load it, the bouncing mini-icon bounces for a while (there
> > is no disk activity), then stops, and GoogleEarth isn't loaded.
> > Where to look for a reason?
>
> Try to run it in terminal, You'll probably see some errors helping
> You find what happened...
>
> > The system is oS v11.4 64bit.; KDE v4.6
>
> Good luck,
> Vojtěch
Very interesting.

Calling googleearth from a terminal gets "Command not found".
Searching for google* finds ~/bin/googleearth

lrwxrwxrwx 1 stan users 35 Jul 30 15:21 googleearth ->
/home/stan/google-earth/googleearth

but there is no such subdirectory in the home directory. I wonder that
there was a bouncing icon at all.

I should uninstall the rpm and try again, but I suppose if this happened
once it will probably happen again.

Try it. I downloaded the package from earth.google.com first and it failed. a month or two after, i downloaded it again, and this time, it´s running fine...

so, good luck to you :D

--
-o) Kim Leyendecker
/\\ openSUSE Ambassador, openSUSE Wiki Team DE