Re: [opensuse] GoogleEarth
On Wednesday 07 September 2011 14:53:09 Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hi

On 7.9.2011 13:41, Stan Goodman wrote:
I have installed GoogleEarth. That went without incident. Now when
I try to load it, the bouncing mini-icon bounces for a while (there
is no disk activity), then stops, and GoogleEarth isn't loaded.
Where to look for a reason?

Try to run it in terminal, You'll probably see some errors helping
You find what happened...

The system is oS v11.4 64bit.; KDE v4.6

Good luck,
Vojtěch

Very interesting.

Calling googleearth from a terminal gets "Command not found".
Searching for google* finds ~/bin/googleearth

lrwxrwxrwx 1 stan users 35 Jul 30 15:21 googleearth ->
/home/stan/google-earth/googleearth

but there is no such subdirectory in the home directory. I wonder that
there was a bouncing icon at all.

I should uninstall the rpm and try again, but I suppose if this happened
once it will probably happen again.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on