Re: [opensuse] HP Touchpad and SuSE

--- On Sat, 9/3/11, Damon Register <dregister@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Damon Register <dregister@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [opensuse] HP Touchpad and SuSE
To: "openSUSE Usergroup" <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, September 3, 2011, 8:39 AM
Yesterday I read a Wall Street
Journal article about the HP Touchpad.  It told of
how it wasn't on the market long and how HP slashed price
to $99 to clear inventory.
It went on to say that HP was going to resume (at least
temporarily) the production.
It seems they did sell out very quickly and no one seems to
know when or where they
will return.

This made me think about a few things (not all connected
with SuSE).  Does anyone here
have one of the HP Touchpads?  Can anyone tell me
about the WebOS that it has?  Since
this thing might be a short lived product, I would like to
know if SuSE (or any other
OS) has been installed on this thing.  Since it might
be that WebOS and apps to go
with it will be limited, it would be nice to know that it
could be used with something
better supported such as SuSE.

hmm.. can't say i have but almost all of the hp netbooks I've seen have had
good linux compatibility. matter of fact some of them even had an option to
ship with sled .

personally I'm more interested in seeing android working on it than traditional
linux.would be nice if kde/gnome had a tablet optimized version though.