[opensuse] HP Touchpad and SuSE
  • From: Damon Register <dregister@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 09:39:49 -0400
Yesterday I read a Wall Street Journal article about the HP Touchpad. It told
of
how it wasn't on the market long and how HP slashed price to $99 to clear
inventory.
It went on to say that HP was going to resume (at least temporarily) the
production.
It seems they did sell out very quickly and no one seems to know when or where
they
will return.

This made me think about a few things (not all connected with SuSE). Does
anyone here
have one of the HP Touchpads? Can anyone tell me about the WebOS that it has?
Since
this thing might be a short lived product, I would like to know if SuSE (or any
other
OS) has been installed on this thing. Since it might be that WebOS and apps to
go
with it will be limited, it would be nice to know that it could be used with
something
better supported such as SuSE.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903352704576540982671537062.html?mod=WSJ_WSJ_News_BlogsModule

Damon Register