[opensuse] Video clips on CNN.COM International and US editions
This website is my source for foreign news, and I use both the US and
International editions. There are problems with both, but they are
different.

The International edition is still using the video display format that
has been standard for a few years. Example:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/09/02/damon-libya-
tripoli-security.cnn?&hpt=hp_c2

although there is nothing specific about this one. It displays well, and
the only trouble with it is that it needs a larger buffer than it has,
because it is interrupted every few seconds while it catches up. This is
not a new problem, and has been annoying for a long time. I am still
able to use this site. Is there a way for me to enlarge the video
buffer? How?

The US edition has two video display modes, a) the same as that
described above (with the same problem), and b) a newer and niftier,
apparently still experimental mode, which occupies more of the main
Firefox window, does not have the buffer problem, and until a day or two
ago was a pleasure to use.

Now, however, no clips function in either mode on the US edition.
Clicking on any link to a clip causes FF to put up a large error-message
frame announcing that "The connection was reset.....", and the tab to
say "Problem loading page". Pressing the Back key returns me to the
previous (non-video) page. Presumably not every viewer of the site
encounters this problem, so I would like to find a way to diagnose what
is happening, and hopefully to work around it. Here is an example of a
problematic clip, but again, any other on the site would do as well (or
as poorly):

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/topvideos/2011/09/02/nr-suspect-
urinates-in-court-trash.cnn?hpt=hp_t2

Firefox identifies itself thus: