Re: [opensuse] ftp
On 09/02/2011 04:28 PM, Jimmy PIERRE wrote:

-George,

George,
Jimmy from nui.fr here.

I have created a ftp account on my server that I use with filezilla
and openSUSe 11.4

FTP account information

Below you will find the information needed to use the selected FTP
account. Information needed to connect to our FTP:

FTP server ftp.servage.net

Username: kabbadi
pwd: ftptest12345678

Tell me if this works for you.

Cheers,
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

I just tested it, and yes, I can see the directory listing. So it seems like that one works.

Here is a copy of the screen when I connect to your server:
Response: 220 Servage FTP5
Command: USER kabbadi
Response: 331 Password required for kabbadi
Command: PASS ***************
Response: 230 User kabbadi logged in
Command: SYST
Response: 215 UNIX Type: L8
Command: FEAT
Response: 211-Features:
Response: MDTM
Response: MFMT
Response: TVFS
Response: AUTH TLS
Response: UTF8
Response: MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
Response: MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
Response: PBSZ
Response: PROT
Response: LANG en-US*
Response: REST STREAM
Response: SIZE
Response: 211 End
Command: OPTS UTF8 ON
Response: 200 UTF8 set to on
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Type set to I
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (77,232,67,26,193,4).
Command: MLSD
Response: 150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for MLSD
Response: 226 Transfer complete

Here is the difference in how filezilla behaves when I try and connect to my server:

Response: 220-
Response: 220 STARTLOGIC FTP Server ready
Command: USER ******* [I *D THIS OUT MYSELF]
Response: 331 Password required for *******
Command: PASS **************
Response: 230 User ********* logged in
Command: SYST
Response: 500 Invalid command: try being more creative
Command: FEAT
Response: 215 UNIX Type: L8
Command: PWD
Response: 211-Features:
Response: MDTM
Response: MFMT
Response: TVFS
Response: MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
Response: MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
Response: SITE MKDIR
Response: SITE RMDIR
Response: SITE UTIME
Response: SITE SYMLINK
Response: REST STREAM
Response: SIZE
Response: 211 End
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
Response: 257 "/" is the current directory

It seems my server doesn't like the command SYST. I tried logging in to my site with FireFTP and it gets the directory listing without a problem. Here is the script after login:

FEAT
211-Features:
MDTM
MFMT
TVFS
MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
SITE MKDIR
SITE RMDIR
SITE UTIME
SITE SYMLINK
REST STREAM
SIZE
211 End
PWD
257 "/" is the current directory
TYPE A
200 Type set to A
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (66,96,134,1,175,73)
LIST
150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for file list
226 Transfer complete
NOOP
200 NOOP command successful

Is there a way to get filezilla to skip using the command SYST and go straight to FEAT? It seems that works for fireFTP.

I tried manually entering the commands in sequence on filezilla: TYPE A, then PASV, then LIST. The first 2 did fine, but the last one, LIST, timed out and didn't give the directory listing.

Thanks
George