Re: [opensuse] Howto run Apache web server on read-only root file system
Hi all,

I came up with two ideas. Either link the affected files to some place on
var or try to remount rootfs rw in the apache2 init script and afterwards
mount it ro again.

I finally decided to link all the files, the apache2 init script wants to write
on start up, to some
location on var.

As those files are all located in /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/, I just had to link
this directory to
some other directory in /var:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Sep 2 2011 /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d ->
/var/lib/apache2/sysconfig.d/

The Apache web server is not that critical for our product, so that was the
fastest and easiest to
handle solution.

Tanks to everybody for your great support,
Moni
http://www.telemotive.de