Re: [opensuse] Howto run Apache web server on read-only root file system
Hi Cristian,

Out of security reasons I need to have the root file system mounted
read-only.

once again, I propably wasn't distinct enough...

What security does that provide according to your appreciation ? I only
see it as a false sense of security.

... I'm not talking about security in means of securing any attacks. We want to
secure file system
consistency, as the system I am developping for, is not guranteed to be
properly shutdown by the
user.

without my appropiate
dosis of caffeine I can instantly recall a lot of attack vectors for a
webserver that dont require rootfs writable..

I completely agree with you.

Cheers,
Moni
http://www.telemotive.de