Re: [opensuse] camera, skype, microphone
On Wednesday 31 August 2011 6:12:16 PM Sven Burmeister wrote:

Another way of doing this is using KDE's systemsettings module for sound
and assigning devices to different "actions", i.e. capturing sound/video
etc.

Sven

The system settings worked! Great, now I can have a conversation on skype
without having to hold a desk microphone.

Now for the video - where do I need to look to get skype, and the rest of my
system, to fix the settings for my webcam? Skype shows the image from my
webcam, but it is very dark and therefore basically unusable. WXcam is reading
my webcam video with very clear brightness, but it won't record audio. It says
the webcam device is on /dev/video0. I can see that file in my filesystem, but
think it is a machine language file or something. I would not know how to open
it and look and see what is in it. I do not see anything in the system
settings module about how to modify the settings for a webcam.

George