Re: [opensuse] 11.3 i586 - firefox crash and desktop lockup after updates
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:39:47 -0600
On 12/30/2010 03:55 PM, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
No, since my first guess is still my guess. You are still crashing in
IcedTeaPlugin.so@0x9409

So how about just doing what I proposed?
safe-mode is only for addons not for plugins.

Wolfgang

Sometimes you have to hit me with a big stick before I get it :p

rpm -e java-1_6_0-openjdk-plugin

firefox started and loaded without the immediate crash, but then about 3/4 of
the way through the transfer of the mozilla page telling you that firefox was
updated, it locked my box up requiring a hard reset? (I guess there was still
part of the plugin resident in memory)

After the reboot, firefox loaded fine. So, as usual, you nailed it! The question
now becomes -- What is wrong with the IcedTeaPlugin?

I will probably never notice it missing, so I'm not that concerned about it, but
what I don't know is -- what additional information can I post that will help?
Just let me know and I'm happy to do it. Thanks again for your help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC