Re: [opensuse] 11.3 i586 - firefox crash and desktop lockup after updates
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:00:55 -0600

Guys,

Updated my 11.3 i586 box and firefox crashed in both kde3 and gnome
after updates. I uninstalled kde4-integration and it is still crashing.
In gnome, it locks the whole desktop requiring a hard-reset of the box.
The crash reports are:
Have a look at the file called places.sqlite. My wife's computer was doing
similar things. I remember reading that doing a VACUUM on this file often made
FF 'nippier', but there was no way I could apply the command line script- it
just wouldn't do any "vacuuming". I had a look inside this sqlite file and it
appeared (compared to the one I have) corrupted so I replaced it with one
from a
backup done a while back and now FF is behaving again. Your problem may have a
different source of course but won't hurt to have a look....

BC

Thanks BC, will check it out...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.