Re: [opensuse] samba packaging gurus - what's the correct translation for spec file options to samba ./configure options?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 13:21:03 -0600
On 12/27/2010 07:20 AM, Lars Müller wrote:
Check the openSUSE Build Service repository network:samba:STABLE package
samba at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=samba.spec&package=samba&project=network%3Asamba%3ASTABLE
for the line defining CONFIGURE_OPTIONS

As these package source build for all SUSE products I expect it to work
with openSUSE 10.3 as well.

Please keep in mind openSUSE 10.3 isn't longer feed with security
updates. Cf. http://en.opensuse.org/Lifetime

Thank you Lars,

This box is an old AMD K6-2/450 that just serves as an internal machine
for
rsync backups, and as a fax server. It has no external ports so, while concerned
about security, this box is low risk. I keep planning on retiring it, but it
just keeps working... The samba build from source went fine. (although it did
take 3:02 for configure and make to complete). I'll check out the spec file and
give it a go. Thanks again for the help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC