[opensuse] I like MINT, was: Question about Free Software policies within the openSUSE Project
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 19:01:01 -0500
* Doug <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-23-10 18:42]:
Rant on:
It has finally come to a boil with me! I'm so damned sick of hearing
Linux people disdain anything with a copyright, or anything one might
actually have to pay for! In the first place, practically every older Linux
distro was _sold_ to the computing public: SuSE and RedHat in particular.
In the second place, all you folks who are so gaga about FOSS--how many of
you are dissecting the software and rewriting it, or adding to it, or doing
anything at all except _using_ it? Not even 1%, I'd bet. I'm especially
up in arms with Debian, who won't even let you have a nice clean Firefox
or Thunderbird. They've stolen those, changed maybe a word somewhere,
and renamed it, and claim that _now_ it's FOSS! Thank God for distros
like MINT, which make no bones about making all sorts of useful software
available, no matter where it comes from. And for the ones who at least
don't condemn it, like Debian does.
:ffo tnaR

If you are so enamored with mint, why are you *ranting* here, just
spreading fud?