Re: [opensuse] [Partly Solved] Black screen/plasma crash after update to KDE 4.5.4
  • From: C <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:25:07 +0100
On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 17:17, Rodney Baker wrote:
Never mind - I removed plasma-desktop-appletsrc and started again. All working
now (at least until I finally get all the widgets back again - I'll eventually
find out which one crashed it...)

I had something similar happen when I installed KDE4.6 Beta2 a few
days ago, and removing (renaming) the same file cleared it all up.
Adding back the same widgets didn't break things again. I compared
the old and new config files and couldn't see any significant
difference... (differences were things like widget placement and
size). I never chased it further since everything was working again.

C.