Re: [opensuse] [slightly OT:] DHCP and Windows (yuck...)
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 00:01:16 +0100

On Dec 13, 2010, at 8:02 PM, Per Jessen wrote:

John Andersen wrote:

Ok, so turning the question around, why do you need your own DHCP
server on Linux. Just use theirs.

That is exactly what Roger is trying to do.

Indeed. But I am only willing to hand over the address assignment. Phase two,
the diskless booting, requires not only tftp, but also the Linux vblade stuff
as we mount the openSUSE root partition using AoE (ATA over Ethernet). And we
must know things are working in the Linux environment where the devices will be
deployed.

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB