Re: [opensuse] rc.local in openSUSE
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:03:34 -0500
* Matt Hayes <dominian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [12-13-10 14:54]:
On 12/13/2010 2:51 PM, Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
Is there a simple way to run commands during the boot process, but
after init scripts are run in openSUSE, sort of like rc.local file in
other distributions? I was told that boot.local is the same in
openSUSE, but these commands run before the init scripts.

You're looking for /etc/rc.d/boot.local

Note that the file may not exist but will function properly if you make
one containing a command, ie:

15:01 wahoo:~ > cat /etc/init.d/boot.local
#! /bin/sh
#
# Copyright (c) 2002 SuSE Linux AG Nuernberg, Germany. All rights
reserved.
#
# Author: Werner Fink <werner@xxxxxxx>, 1996
# Burchard Steinbild, 1996
#
# /etc/init.d/boot.local
#
# script with local commands to be executed from init on system startup
#
# Here you should add things, that should happen directly after booting
# before we're going to the first run level.
#

also:

15:02 wahoo:~ > cat /etc/init.d/after.local
#/usr/local/bin/noip2.start start

if ! [ pidof noip2 ] ;
then /usr/local/bin/noip2.start start ;
fi