Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 03:50:04 +0100 (CET)

On Wednesday, 2010-12-08 at 22:05 +0100, Oddball wrote:

Op 08-12-10 21:19, Carlos E. R. schreef:

You only have to know where to look :-)

They are in the hidden directory ".thunderbird/".

that is the point, they are not!
when i deleted about 17.000+ mails, there was nothing, but the space was
still occupied, even after rebooting, as someone kindly suggested.
If you would have read all the posts, you would have known that i
discribed the path, given by filelight, where these mail would reside,
but there was nothing!

I did read all the posts. But I can't remember all the details from one day to the next. I remember you said that you had deleted the entire directory, so I thought that it was too late to try lesser measures. The rest of the details were moot.

My preferred tool to find where space is lost is mc. Not so pretty, but does not fail :-)

The idea of having *all mail ever* at one point, accessible from all
over the world, without cluttering space all over my machines speaks
very loudly to me... ;-)

I have an imap server, but on the same computer (except when I use the laptop). I use dovecot.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)