Re: [opensuse] How do i win some space back?
  • From: Oddball <monkey9@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 12:36:35 +0100
Op 07-12-10 15:28, Anton Aylward schreef:
Dave Howorth said the following on 12/07/2010 05:27 AM:

Anton Aylward wrote:

All my filesystems except root are resiser so they can easily be shrunk
or grown on the LVM substrate. Over the past few years I've gown or
split-and-shrunk what's under /home/anton quite a number of times.
No big deal.

But its no big deal because I decided to use LVM and reiser.
If you didn't do that then you may have a lot of work ahead of you to do
what takes me just a few minutes and is low risk.

+1

I do this. Some of the subdirectories are NFS-mounted as well so I see
the same things wherever I log in.

Oh, right, I forgot to mention that.
Having an old "Salvation Army Special" whose only job is to act as a
file server for my workstation is a joy.

Cool, maybe when x-mas comes around i'll find some time for it, if still
nessesary...
Everything is ok again now.. ;-)

It is also one way to free up space; in fact its one way to free up
partitions so you can build LVM.

No! Wait! Its one way you can build a diskless workstation!
A bit of help from DNS, DHCP and PXE ... voilĂ .
See google for details :-)
(And yes I've tried it.)

or put some harddrives to it to get more space, terrabyte usb drives,
you name it...

--

Enjoy your time around,

Oddball (M9.) (Now or never...)