Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird search question
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:36:18 +1100
On 08/12/2010 00:49, Robert Schweikert wrote:
On 12/07/2010 01:39 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
On 07/12/2010 01:25, Robert Schweikert wrote:
Hi,

Running openSUSE 11.3 on two different machines. On one machine when
using Thunderbird I have a little magnifying glass icon on the left hand
side of the search box where I can set the filter for the search (from,
subject, whole messgae etc.). This is Thunderbird 3.0.10.

On the other machine I am missing this feature and search always
searches the complete message. This is Thunderbird 3.1.6.

I plead ignorance as to adding an extension to get this feature. Is
there a setting I am missing to get this filter capability into the
search box?

Help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert
I haven't quite got to grips with your problem. How about posting
screenshot(s) of what you mean by "magnifying glass icon" because I
either have never seen one in TB or have missed it.....

Post the screenshot(s) at

http://picpaste.com/
Here's the screenshot:

http://picpaste.com/thunderSearch-obrZykL2.png

The magnifying glass icon (representing the search filter) is circled in
red.

Help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Robert

Thanks, Robert, and see my reply to Ken. I have never paid attention to that box - didn't even know that it was a search tool.

And I just saw that Wolfgang answered your question (but I still cannot see the magnifying glass - I'm using 3.1.6).

BC

--
Attorney: Are you qualified to give a urine sample?
Witness: Are you qualified to ask that question?